Friday, August 19, 2011

WE ARE ALL ONE

It's not that I am angry or fearful or upset at anything or anyone. I have spent years meditating and absorbing the energies already present in the earth. I have spent lifetimes entrenched in the global emotion of death and rebirth. I have effortlessly manifested worlds and created whole new patterns of thought and art and music. I have been stamped with the divine emblem of unity and I have become you now. In fact, I am happy to be just this .. a reflection .. an echoing vibration .. a pool of water that contains a little peace of all of us, our blood, urine, sweat, tears, and the drops that spilled unknowingly off of our chins.

We are truly all one, and I feel us, I know us, I embrace us. But this time, I want to embrace every part of us and not leave anything out. I shun the ideas of taboo. I discard all fears. I release all previous notions and definitions. I breath deeply and pull into my chest the moon and the sun of you, the dark and the light of you, the high and the low of you, the love and the hate of you and I exhale only love. The love I exhale has no evil counterpart. It is unable to be polarized as it has no contradiction and no opposite. It is love, acceptance, grace, and embrace.
Simple and pure, like the God that is all encompassing, the energy that cannot be named, the spirit of oneness that contains all and is all.

These words are personal, and they are universal, because love is only a story that we experienced and told many times. My story had everything in it. I was at once a pot-smoking revolutionary with dreadlocks and a bare-footed calculus professor and math nerd. I was at once tripping psychedelic through joyful love and captivated by worlds of fear. I remember cutting off my dreadlocks and crying to Bob Marley lost in the questions of why is society this way - designed to torture and enslave the self that longs to be free. Now it is coming .. freedom.

Freedom will come disguised as destruction of an old paradigm. John Lennon asked if we could imagine no countries and no religions .. but at this point, I would like to update John Lennon's lyrics and ask:

Imagine there's no cell phones. It's very hard to do.
No way to call or text me, and no facebook too.
Imagine all the people meeting on the street yahaa wohoo
You may say I a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Someday society will crumble, and the world will live as one.


Imagine there's no Whole Foods. Come with me and try.
All of us will be farming, beneath one beautiful sky.
Imagine there's no money, and we share all the world.
You may say I a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Corporate Empires must falter, and the world will live as one.


Imagine there's no petrol, and no bottled water too.
No military control, no jails, and no schools
Imagine its just us on the mountain, growing our own food
You may say I a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Noone knows what will happen, but I pray the world will live as one.

Something like that anyway. Actually, we have to live as one .. because we have no choice. And whether or not we recognize it, no matter where on this beautiful earth we reside, we all breath the same air, drink the same water, share the same sky, and draw our energy from the same earth. So we are all one .. forever and ever. Amen.

Join the world this September on 9/11 for a prayer for peace .. Maybe this is the kind of moment we need to tip the balance of love and start to live the world that we imagine possible. ONEtheEvent.org



No comments:

Post a Comment