Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Polarity, Symmetry, Dichotomy

She is so beautiful, two sides equal one, like a butterfly.
She reflects herself perfectly and yet is the same on both sides.
What about the sun and moon, the night and day, the yes and no?
So often we find her, our love, our truth, our joy and happiness and everything,
Only to run in fear from her embrace.
Why do we push and pull?
Why do we grab her and then drop her?
If I embrace her beauty, can I then also embrace her ugliness?
Sometimes it is easier to deal with her ugliness because that way I can accept my own.
I can bask effortlessly in my own ugliness using it as a scapegoat for all my misgivings.
Yes but ...
Its OK because that's just my luck ...
Yeah Well ...
Enough!
May I simply reflect the light and the darkness?
May I be in equal parts whole and empty?
May I walk the treacherous in between?
I am laughing and crying, silently shouting, letting go of letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment